Thursday, March 1, 2007

Weekend get-away @ Puerto Galera (Part 2)

Let's have a recap: Kim and Mitch, my 2 loudest friends, forced me to go with them to Puerto Galera last weekend. Why? Simple. They needed someone to pull the plug when the volume got too loud! Peace guys!

Still on Day 1:

1830H - Kim and I went to the boat station to change our schedule for the following day. We were initially scheduled for the 1545 trip, but we found out that we needed to check-out by 12 noon. We were a little lucky that the 1245 trip still had 5 available slots.

This is a pretty cool shot of the sunset silhouette.


1930H - Dinner time! Kim and I made instant friends with a gay waitress on one of the resto bars while we were on our way back to the room. Don't be surprised if you see lots of them there, they have invaded the whole White Beach resort! LOL! Nothing against them! In fact, they provide better service compared to the other M/F waitresses. So, we decided to have our dinner @ Paul's Beach Bar and Bistro. Their grilled kebabs are worth your Php110+!! After that, we got ourselves coffee from another bar and we walked for an hour just to burn some of those calories from that heavy kebab meal!


2030-2200H - Shopping, haggling and more shopping!!!
Got myself a "kikay" beach dress,(don' know actually what they call that, but that's my version!) souvenir shirts for my 2 boys, blue earrings to go with my blue swimsuit (kelangan talaga terno ;P) razor-back shirt for my dear friend Sty, and these pictures for Chrissy! LOL!

2200-midnight... - Spent the rest of the evening in the sand drinking beers with the girls. The bar that we chose offers "banig" or sleeping mats for free that customers can use if they want to drink or dine by the beach. The moon was perfect that time also! So, we talked everything and anything under the moon till midnight! Ooopps, I forgot! I was the first one who called it a day, since there's no chance that these 2 would retire by 12. I was really too tired and exhausted to spend another hour awake...

(To be continued..)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooh! Looks like so much fun! I really miss Puerto Galera! Thanks for the photos!!! I miss all those little shops/vendors. I bought A LOT of pearl necklaces, rings, etc. when I was there...and lots of souvenir type things. I know...I'm such a tourist.

We also made friends with the gay waitresses there. The minute we got off the catamaran and stepped onto the beach, there was this one 'girl' at one of the bars who was waving to us and telling us 'she' wanted to be friends. She introduced us to a lot of people- staff on the beach and tourists from France and Switzerland (a lot of the men there were a bit slimey...wanting one nighters and fun...eww gross). Anyway, this one waitress was named "Joanne" (her/his real name is Jomar) became really good friends with us. Wow, I would never have been able to tell he wasn't a woman, because he was soooooooooooo pretty! More gorgeous than some real girls!!! Oh, and the short, tiny skirts she wore...soooo tight! I asked 'her' HOW she wore those tight skirts (honestly, I was amazed because nothing showed) LOL! Anyway, the day I left Puerto Galera, I gave her all of my cosmetics (I could easily buy more of my fave cosmetics back in Canada). She cried when I gave them to her. LOL! I know it's probably not the most hygienic thing to give someone my make-up...but she was happy. We corresponded for ages after I returned to Canada, but she has since left Puerto Galera. Apparently she was involved with some Italian tourist for a while and he cheated on her and she couldn't take it. Oh..the drama! :)

CoNnE said...

Wow! you really are a friendly person. i actually thought that i might have seen him there from your description, but then again, most of them wear tiny skirts...really sexy and gorgeous looking! you would actually feel insecure when you're with them! LOL!
too bad, you lost communication...well, i do hope she has moved on with her life.
btw, the reason why i didn't buy a lot of stuff and souvenirs from there is because i want to have a reason to come back...soon! :)
do hope you can also!!