Friday, February 1, 2008

Baguio City: Panagbenga Festival 2008 schedule

It's February once again! Aside from Valentine's day, one of the things I look forward to during this month is the celebration of Baguio City's Panagbenga Festival - commonly known as the flower festival of the Philippines.

I certainly hope we can get-away from work for at least 3 days this month to see what Baguio City has prepared for this year. It was too bad that we missed to go there last year, for some reasons I don't remember now..

Thanks btw to my office mate Quick, for sharing with me the schedule for this year, which I'm happy to share with you also.. :)

FEBRUARY 1 - GRAND OPENING> DRUM AND lYRE AND Street Dancing, Opening and Blessing of Market Encounter.

FEBRUARY 22-24 - Abanao Nights= nightlife

FEBRUARY 23- GRAND OPENING PARADE> Parade composed of schools…

FEBRUARY 24- PARADE OF FLOATS AND BANDS> most awaited time which you can see a thousand flowers bloom and the bands on thier exhibitions…

FEBRUARY 24- MARCH 2- SESSION ROAD IN BLOOM> be at our very own Session Road and have the arts of the city be urs…

MARCH 2- CLOSING CEREMONIES WITH PLAYGROUND DEMONSTRATIONS AND EXHIBITIONS

3 comments:

Thoughts to words said...

Hey girl! Nice to see you have some extra time again.

We've already got place reserved since we were there last 1st week January.

See you in there!!!

;-)

Unknown said...

WOW! Lots to do in Baguio!

My family is from San Jose (Batangas) so I'm embarrassed to say that the only thing I know about Baguio is langonisa! LOL! Is that where Baguio langonisa comes from??

Anyway, it's been a while since we've touched base. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! xo

Oman said...

I was there. Panagbenga 2008 was great. Have a nice day.