Monday, February 19, 2007

Appreciating employers who appreciate

I'm soooooooo glad I'm back to blogging again... Last week had been very exhausting for me, but in the end it turned out to be very rewarding. I was able to finish and submit the survey report that I've been working on for the past 2 weeks! I'm happy to finally get it out of my system!

Anyway, one of the things I like working with my present employer is that they definitely know how to acknowledge your hard work because the following day, I got a note on my desk from my boss congratulating me for a very nice work I did on my report. Well, it's not perfect but atleast she did make an effort to acknowledge me.

It's a sad reality that not all superiors are like that..I once worked for a CEO of a company before for more than a year, did my very best to please him, worked till midnights, served him, pampered him...(haha! don't get it wrong please) only to find out after 2 months from the time I left the company that he already forgot my name! Can you imagine that? It's no wonder no one stayed there longer than 3 years. I guess that really happens! These people sometimes forget that employees are also their customers.

I can't help but compare my employer now to the previous ones I had before. You can't just diminish the importance of recognition and appreciation as an integral component of keeping your employees. It's really important for an employee to feel that he is being recognized for his contributions to the company, be it a simple task or a major one. It doesn't have to be all the time but as often as you can. A simple, "Thank you," "thanks,"or "Good job!" will do because it will reciprocate in a thousand ways. So, don't underestimate the power of saying thanks! On my part, the more often I get to be recognized and appreciated for the things I do and for the things I was able to accomplish, the more I exert effort to improve my work, not to mention it empowers my loyalty to the company. On the other hand, dealing with criticism depends on how you deal with it. That's another post! :-)

Oh, this also means more work for me! argh!


2 comments:

kim said...

I second your motion!

That's what's great about working for La Familia. Even if the compensation could be better and the benefits package could actually exist (!), we really can't complain. They recognise talent, hard work, and beauty. LOL!

Oh, and Conne? I'm so happy we met here, too. I couldn't have asked for a better workmate, who turns out to be a stoic, loyal, and roll-on-the-floor-while-guffawing type of friend as you. Thanks! (now, now, don't sniffle. Your tears are too acidic; have pity on your laptop.)

CoNnE said...

i'm not sure now if i did the right thing on convincing you to start blogging.. LOL!

what more can i say? you've been one helluva bi*c* in my life that i can't just easily let go!

can't wait for our escapade tomorrow!! wapak!!!