Monday, February 12, 2007

On Frustrations

Here are my top frustrations to remind me that life is a continuous struggle...

1.) Learning how to drive
After having my student license for almost a year now, I still feel frustrated that until now, I can't drive in the busy city roads and highways. Having a very strict instructor in PJ, did make me feel confident in a way, because I know that not only am I (slowly) learning how to drive but I am actually learning how to do it right. Thanks to my ever-trying-hard to be patient instructor and always-the-driver Sharkey! He's one helluva disciplined driver and mentor! Need proof? Go ahead and check this one, and this one out!

I actually lost my momentum when I caused a scratch at the side and at rear end of our car...on two different occasions! After that, I guess the fear of causing the same damage or probably even worse got so much into me, that I would rather sit and buckle up my seatbelt on the passenger's seat.

Goal: I'm giving myself two-months' time before I hit the one year anniversary from my getting the student license. I know I can do it, I just have to believe in myself and I just have to listen and follow what my instructor asks me to do - yes, the vain in me likes to do things my way...

2.) Losing weight
I can't remember the last time that I felt so light and so healthy inside. Yes, it's more than a year now since I have given birth to our wonderful CJ...I don't know what has gotten into me because I never became as big as I am now when I was still pregnant. I feel so bloated...but good food everywhere is just so hard too resist! Especially when you have someone who always tags you along to these "you-can't-say-no" restaurants!

Goal: PJ and I are considering going to the gym...just have to look for somewhere good and reasonably priced! (Oh no, another add-on to our list of expenses!) In the meantime, I'll avoid the sinful cabinet in our office and the tempting fridge contents in the house! Enough of those Chinese slimming pills! Hello sweat and muscle pains!


(To be continued to make you feel frustrated... =P)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Conne! That's a great list! I'm sure you will be able to achieve those goals. They're realistic ones. Learning to drive...I totally hear you on that one! I've been driving since I was 17 and I got into a few scrapes here and there. One time, I was so upset and shaken (some guy swiped me as I was turning) and I refused to drive again. My dad and all my friends kept telling me I needed to get back behind the wheel again because if I didn't soon, then I probably never would have wanted to drive again. You'll be a great driver...and in Manila??? Wow, that is impressive!! :) (I'm scared of driving in Manila0 I'm actually scared just being in a car in Manila! LOL)

Losing weight- that's a continuous battle many people face. I think as long as you eat healthy, eat proper portions and keep active, then you're doing a first rate job. You look beautiful anyway! I'm sure PJ feels that way too :) One of my aunts eats healthy and goes to the gym, but still couldn't get rid of her teeny, tiny belly (really, I didn't think it was bad at all) so she just got liposuction the other month. That's a lot of money...but if she feels better about herself, then...
Society just places such a high stress on being super model material, even if you're a working mom. I think as long as you're happy with yourself and you're healthy and active, then it's all good. That's just me though.

I think you and PJ will have lots of fun at the gym! Some gyms even have a place where you can leave your kids under supervision while you work out. Keep me posted on all the latest developments! :)

CoNnE said...

thanks Chrissy for that very inspiring note you left for me...
you're right! being able to know how to drive the right way in Manila, is probably one major achievement! so, patience is really a virtue and having the "guts" is a bonus! :)

re: losing weight, I'm having a hard time because ever since I became a mom, I've stopped being active in sports...so, that's one thing i really missed doing and i just hope we can go back to our old healthy habits..we haven't been able to start going to the gym btw...pretty hectic month for me and pj at work..

thanks again for dropping by..