Friday, April 13, 2007

Solo Flight, at last!!

Yesterday marked the very first time I drove alone for a considerable distance - from Makati to Sucat (our home)!!! Yooohoooo!! The past few weeks since I got my driver's license, PJ has been giving me the liberty to drive the car even without him. But on those occasions, I was always accompanied by someone else either my cuzin Cito or some friends who would always be willing to be of help by staying awake and look out for any trouble that may hit us. But yesterday was a different story. PJ decided to stay home so I drove to Makati for work with my cuz and dropped him off near my office leaving me enough time to park car before 7am (not that I'm an early bird for work, it's because we're color coded on Thursdays! haha!) I haven't had the chance to practice on my reverse parking before, so since it was still early, and there were only a few cars parked, I managed to park it after several trials. Hmmmm...it took me more or less 5 minutes before I was able to fit car inside the parking lane. Whew!

Anyway, cuz texted me late in the afternoon to confirm that he's already on his way home, and that my angels will be there to guide me on my way home. I certainly hoped he didn't mean heaven when he said home! LOL! Honestly, I really got nervous with a mixed feeling of excitement and nervousness because it was my first time to drive alone from Makati and at night time, and its still peak traffic hours! I left the parking lot after I said my prayers and off I headed to the first independent driving of my life. There! After about 45 minutes of intense driving, I got home complete, safe, sound and most of all, the car was intact, not a single scratch! Yipee!

Please allow me to thank my family and friends who prayed for me on that night; My best friend - my eyeglasses! Thanks to my angels and to my companion from above!

Can't wait for the next one! =)

3 comments:

kim said...

Do you hear that? The song "Independent Woman Part One" is buzzing in my ear... Congratulations, dzen! Today, driving a car from Makati to Sucat. Tomorrow, from Makati to the rest of the free world! Mwahahaha! :-D

Unknown said...

Excellent, Conne! :) Wow! Congrats!! You are one brave woman! Yahooooo!!! I am deathly afraid of driving in the Philippines! Oh my goodness...especially Makati! There's so much traffic and so many crazy drivers in the Manila area. We had my grandmother's driver chauffeur us everywhere, and I was STILL scared! Not of his driving, but of everyone else's! LOL!

By the way, I've had my driver's license for 15 years (*sigh* I was 16 when I got it) and I STILL can't parallel park or reverse park!! LOL! ;)

CoNnE said...

Kim: thanks kimmie! You are absolutely right! I look forward to conquer that soon!

Chrissy: thanks! Deathly afraid! - i can't imagine a perfect word to describe driving in Manila but that!
btw, just the other day i was able to reversely park the car perfectly and in just one shot! guess what? there was no other cars parked in both sides. mwahahaha! i have 15 years to learn that! cheers!