Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What Every WOMAN Should...

This is actually an email from Mitch which later on Kim and I answered back - turned out as a good meme so I'm posting it here.. For the love of my life, I didn't include Kim's reply below. LOL! Sorry have to edit some of my original answers as I don't want people getting the wrong idea.. =p

**************************************************************************************************************

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....one old love .....
she can imagine going back to...
and one who reminds her of how far she has come.(C: Depends on what "come" means here! LOL! Oooookk, let's not elaborate further on this one.. =))

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
...enough money within her
control to move out and
rent a place of her own
even if she never wants to or needs to...(C: Just enough but with a little help from PJ - for CJ's luxuries =p )

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
... something perfect to wear if
the employer (C: Check!) or date of her dreams
wants to see her in an hour... (C: The date of my dreams (who else?!) prefers anything I wear! Haha!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
... a youth she's content to leave behind...(C: Youth can also come from within... I intend to feel the youthful energy within me till my gray days. Bow.)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....a past juicy enough that
she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age.... (C: Hmmm....)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....a set of screwdrivers, (C: I'll probably just borrow...)
a cordless drill, (C:na-da...)
and a black lace bra... (C:minus the lace...)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
...one friend who always makes her laugh .... (C: Lots of 'em! I just have to hear Winky sing her "Be my guest"
and one who lets her cry... (C: cry out of what?)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....a good piece of furniture
not previously owned by anyone else in her family... (C: Check!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....eight matching plates, (C: I only have 4)
wine glasses with stems, (C: flowers lang, walang stem..)
and a recipe for a meal (C: Check!)
that will make her guests feel honored. (C: Just by being invited in my place is already an honor! haha!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE
....a feeling of control over her destiny... (C: Hmmmm....)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
...how to fall in love without losing herself... (C: I believe you'll lose yourself one way or another - either you become better or worse)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
..how to quit a job, (C: Just look at my CV)
break up with a lover, (C: Check!)
and confront a friend without ruining the friendship... (C: depends...)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
...when to try harder ... (C: ahhh...I'm good at this one!)
and when to walk away... (C: always trying hard not to..)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
..that she can't change the length of her calves,
the width of her hips,
or the nature of her parents... (C: I am very much aware of all these..)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
....that her childhood may not have been perfect...
but its over... (C: Absolutely!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....
...what she would and wouldn't do for love or more... (C: Check!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
...how to live alone...
even if she doesn't like it... (C: proved it already!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
...who she can trust,
who she can't,
and why she shouldn't take it personally... (C: still on the learning stage..)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
...where to go...
be it to her best friend's kitchen table...
or a charming inn in the woods...
when her soul needs soothing... (C: don't think she has a charming inn in the woods)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
... what she can and can't accomplish
in a day...a month...and a year... (C: pretty muck ok with this one)

"People say what we are all seeking is the meaning of
life...
I think what we're really seeking is the experience of
being alive..."
-Rudyard Kipling
(C: Cheers to that!)

1 comments:

kim said...

You DID do some... no, wait a minute... a lot of editing, huh? Aheeheehee!

You know, I actually thought of buying myself some good-looking plates and wine glasses with stems, in case you, Winky, and Mitch (the only 3 friends I'm allowing inside my condo... another one was invited before, but I'm now revoking her privilege *;-)* ) wanna hang out there again. But then I vetoed the idea coz I remembered - I don't have any place else to put these expensive plates and glasses in. So, I guess we'll all just have to suffer through my Jollibee plates and "I love Grace" mugs... til such time that I upgrade my entire life (hopefully, the upgrading will start on 01 July 2007)!